It’s been a while since I last wrote anything, mostly due to a few new changes that happened these last 3 weeks or so. Here’s a small list of some of the things that I can remember right now:
- My pet project BillReminder is now hosted in the GNOME SVN repository! It took me a while to get the right resources and free time to migrate everything, but I believe that it is now completed. The source code can be checked out from here and issues can be filed in Bugzilla. There’s also a new web site theme to go along with the changes, courtesy of my good friend ElyÃ©zer Mendes Rezende.
- With the move to GNOME SVN I was (obviously) granted commit access… and due to some schedule changes for the two current committers for the Brazilian translation team, I have now been performing translations reviews and commits. It is great to finally be able to do this as I already have been doing this type of work for the XFCE team.
- Speaking of the XFCE team, I have been on top of the Brazilian Portuguese translations and the next release (coming soon I’m told) will be 100% translated!
- I started attending one single class at the University of North Carolina (here in Chapel Hill) and this Tuesday was my first day. The class, “Database Design”, is listed as a graduate level class but so far it’s been fairly easy to follow. As I already have a bacchelors in BioChemistry, I’m looking forward to taking some bioinformatics classes in the near future.
- I’ve done some travelling these last 2 weeks. Two weekends ago we went to the North Carolina Aquarium at Fort Fisher. It was the first time I went to the Carolina beaches since I moved here and it was a great experience! We took lots of pictures and spent 2 great days soaking up in the sun!
- Last weekend we went do Ocean City in Delaware to celebrate my youngest’s sister wedding. My whole family got together and rented a nice house in a fancy complex with lots of activities. There was a lot of swimming and drinking beer with my dad and older sister. Every night we would go to where my younger sister was holding the reception, a nice house by the lake with its own private pier! There was a lot of drinking, eating, and the occasional fishing off the pier! The evenings were amazing with a full moon and even some fireworks (we don’t know who was doing it, but it looked really great from where we were). Needsless to say my kids loved it all! Unfortunately we forgot our camera there and now I have to wait for my sister to mail it back.
Well, I actually have more stuff but that will have to wait for an upcoming post.