Today I’m releasing my ï»¿Django Developer Kit Appliance 1.2.2 due to the recent security release of Django 1.2.2. Other than a newer version of Django, you’ll also get newer versions of several packages already included by default in the appliance.
I have been working hard (time permitting, off course) on migrating the appliance to a slim Foresight Linux base in order to upgrade the underlying python from 2.4 to latest 2.6.x, plus other goodies such as a newer kernel and the very latest versions of your favorite versioning control systems! This will also mean that I won’t have to maintain several packages on different places and will be able to leverage of the work being done on Foresight!
As always, choose from the following image types:
- Amazon EC2 AMI Large (ami-7a906513)
- Amazon EC2 AMI Small (ami-7290651b)
- ISO x86 (SHA1 2927c0ef10b2f7bd95ad0b571e05ba982bfa1189)
- ISO x86_64 (SHA1 b6254aa006132392bf4d840e027709927f3c2479)
- Raw Filesystem x86 (SHA1 cdf866420c3fc6ac233d698eb6f2c3460858577d)
- Raw Filesystem x86_64 (SHA1 b553cd9c5247b829ecfadc2f237efff557f1c093)
- VMware ESX x86 (SHA1 f8f323e9ddce737e247a582a661d7a123788ded9)
- VMware ESX x86 OVF 1.0 (SHA1 d5c54f1e2a4e2fe43eb5126e73b72aa6ba39e457)
- VMware ESX x86_64 (SHA1 9cd0186a6512436b07102e7e01e0236bebeda15b)
- VMware ESX x86_64 OVF 1.0 (SHA1 aeb3555c09184a10c06042a65d882c60182c6afa)
- VMware Desktop x86 (SHA1 eea6f620e482fb9ab576d6dfe702641f57f30855)
- VMware Desktop x86_64 (SHA1 0953f38158cd92b925174c5f7878b69df1092631)
Remember that the appliance comes with its own management system that can be accessed by pointing your browser to https://YOUR-APPLIANCE-IP:8003 and logging in as the admin user (the default password the first time you boot your appliance is password, but you will immediately be asked to change it during the 1-step setup wizard). From there you can also configure backups, updates, and manage system services.
I hope you’ll enjoy the appliance and next time I hope to be announcing the newer Foresight Linux platform!