What is it?
APTonCD is a tool with a graphical interface which allows you to create one or more CDs or DVDs (you choose the type of media) with all of the packages you’ve downloaded via APT-GET or APTITUDE, creating a removable repository that you can use on other computers. APTonCD will also allow you to automatically create media with all of your .deb packages located in one especific repository, so that you can install them into your computers without the need for an internet conection.
With APTonCD you can:
- Create media with all your downloaded packages;
- Create media with all packages from an especific repository
- Download all official Ubuntu repositories (main,restricted,universe and multiverse) into removable media (CD/DVD);
- Perform backup/restore all packages installed via apt;
- Install, with the same CD/DVD, the same programs into several different machines;
- Upgrade softwares/packages for several different machines, downloading them only one time;
- I’m sure you got the picture. ;) In any event, more features will be added shortly and your suggestions are welcome :).
To request new features, and suggestions for usability, please visit this link.
However, if you're a developer and is interested in following the project, you can take a peek at our subversion repository and browsing in to the code. It is very simple to get the very latest version: $ svn co https://svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/aptoncd aptoncd
There’s a major need for developers, artists, testers, document writers, suggestions, and any other format of contribution is welcome (especially if it comes with some code attached to it ;) You can help us in many ways: